Nov 3, 2010

hard workin' (little) man

Late this afternoon we returned home from visiting friends, and I started trying to get Ben to help pick up the outside toys so we could run and grab tacos for dinner.  But he started working on a very important project in the garden.  And soon it was clear that he must complete his task before we did anything else.



I can't tell you how many times I try to get him interested in a "project" of sorts to keep him busy for a few minutes while I work on something! It rarely works when I suggest or show him something.  But this evening he became completely focused on moving dirt to specific areas in the garden, and apparently I was not to disturb him. 




He wouldn't look at me or talk to me.  




 

He just kept working.



And working. 


And when his work was done, it was time to swing.


It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! Ben is such a good worker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! i always think it is so funny when kiddos are so focused that they don't acknowledge their mamas…at least for a little while :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a message. it's always nice to hear from you!