Oct 25, 2010

bye bye binky

Not sure why it's so hard for me to let go of the "baby" things sometimes - but it is.
Especially lately - I feel like we're changing from baby to boy overnight.
And even though I'm a proud Mama, I'm never totally ready for the change in my heart.

As of today, Ben hasn't used his binky in over a week.  Hooray!
But I keep it sitting on the kitchen counter - just in case.
This afternoon I took a picture of it and it will be tossed out tonight.


And if you think this is a little much,
I also took a picture of the last bottle I gave him.
Just a little sentimental.  :)


As much as I love watching him grow, I will always treasure my "Baby Ben".

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you remind me of myself! We have to savor every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, so foster never took a binky - he sucks his thumb. brody never wanted a binky but in bed and so he STILL has it in his crib. i was waiting til after we got thru the move transition to take it away. thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know I'm not alone. =)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a message. it's always nice to hear from you!