Sep 29, 2010

movie binder

This was nothing extraordinary, but I did take about 30 minutes this evening and copied the front of each of Ben's movies, put them in page protectors, put them in a binder, and then moved the movies to a shelf that is completely out of reach for Ben.  

I came across this little idea in my most recent issue of Parents magazine in one of the sections where readers send in ideas.  When I first read it I thought it sounded a little over the top, but lately Ben has been pulling out DVDs and making quite a mess.  I want to make sure they are taken care of, especially since some are borrowed, but I also want to make it so he can't just grab one and tell me he wants to watch it.  


previous location of toddler movies


new location - middle shelf of bookcase
(just crammed three shelves of our books in the top two)


color copies


 copies in placed in page protectors and then in binder


the finished product
(I actually had all the supplies needed on hand)


   after - with the flash and without
(lighting isn't too great in our living room at night)

We really try to limit TV time, and maybe the "out of sight, out of mind" idea will help with this. We've also placed the movie binder out of reach too.  Hopefully a little reorganizing will keep things in better shape and help reduce some of the "wants".  We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea!

    Thank you so much for your very kind words. I sincerely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a message. it's always nice to hear from you!