Sep 16, 2010

vintage birthday cakes

I just took the last of the birthday cake out of the oven. 
The house smells yummy!

Last year was the first year I baked a cake for a child of my own, and it was pretty special to me.
The cake was nothing spectacular, but it was made with a lot of love.

 

 

And while I am sharing cake photos, I thought it would be fun to share a few pictures of the amazing cakes my mother made for my early birthdays.


It's hard to see all of the details, but this was a beautiful 1st birthday cake.
(Mom and me)



My 2nd birthday - Three Men in a Tub.


My 3rd birthday - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
(cake and decorated sugar cookies - hours of time!)

My 4th birthday - Strawberry Shortcake.


And a couple of "vintage" pictures of Mom and me.

Thanks for all of my wonderful birthdays Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Mom's cakes where the first thing I thought of when you wrote about making Ben's.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a message. it's always nice to hear from you!