Dec 2, 2010

honey-baked chicken & family photos

That's what I made for dinner tonight.

  
It's super easy, budget-friendly, and tasty.  
Which makes it perfect for this time of year! 

Honey-Baked Chicken
from More-with-Less Cookbook by Doris Janzen Longacre (Excellent cookbook!)

Preheat oven to 350
Arrange in shallow baking pan, skin-side up:
1 - 3lb fryer, cut up (I usually just use thighs and drumstick I've caught on sale - like tonight.)
Combine and pour over
1/3 c margarine or butter, melted (I use butter)
1/3 c honey
2 T prepared mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder
Bake 11/4 hour, basting every 15 minutes, until chicken is tender and nicely browned.  Good served with rice
Serves 6

 Ingredients

Chicken coated with combined ingredients

The final product

See!  It's so easy I only needed to show you three pictures.  (Maybe a couple more, but I forgot to take a picture each time I was basting.)  But you get the idea - it really is simple and delicious.  Ben ate the chicken off two of the drumsticks himself.  And I don't personally eat the skin, but the chicken itself is still full of flavor.  Enjoy!

Along with making a yummy dinner, 
I also managed to update some of our photos today.


Love our new pictures from Unruh Photography
The LOVE and family are from Back40Life.
This seemed to be the perfect place our nativity this year.

1 comment:

  1. That new picture of Ben looks beautiful hanging there.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a message. it's always nice to hear from you!