Jul 28, 2012

happy 30th birthday little brother

today is my little brother's birthday -
his 30th!

 me and paul - 1987 vacation in denver, co


we fought all the time when we were kids, but have grown super close as we've gotten older,
and i am so thankful for our friendship.
he may not know it, but i think a lot of him.
even as a little kid he was always true to himself and never one to follow the crowd.
he wasn't worried about being popular or having the most friends,
and honestly as a big sister i can remember being concerned about the way he was styling his hair
or what he was wearing. 
(and obviously i was not as cool as i thought!)
but you know, he was the one who had it right.
he's worked super hard to become the man he is today,
and i am one proud sister.
i may still be a bit bossy or opinionated at times,
but that's just because i'm older and i know best.  ;)

happy birthday paul!
we're sending you lots of love from kansas

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Kristin. Very happy to have you and your family in my life and supporting me. I love hearing your opinions and am very proud of how we both have turned out.

    Also, very glad that I grew out of the 'racing stripes' and 'lightning bolt' hair cuts. Our parents had a ton of patience.

    Love,
    Paul

    P.S. I think our clothes from the pic are mostly back 'in style' now, minus the head-dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a really sweet brother. I wish you lived closer to each other.xoxox

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving a message. it's always nice to hear from you!